FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF REGGAE PICKNEY™ CHILDREN’S EDUTAINMENT CD STORYBOOK BRAVE TURTELLINI AND THE REGGAE BAND- DOLPHIN RESCUE
Brave Turtellini and The Reggae Band – Dolphin Rescue
Vol 3 in the Reggae Band Series by Reggae Pickney™
The Reggae Band has another rescue to make!
Dillie and Delilah Dolphin are caught in a tank!
A baby Sea Turtle tries to get in a few words,
But will the Reef Chiefs give her a chance to be heard?
Join the Turtle hatchlings at Parrottee Bay,
Read along, load the CD and then press play!
FEATURES OF THE CD STORYBOOK Brave Turtellini and The Reggae Band – Dolphin Rescue:
- Teaches from the Convention on the Rights of the Child – Article 12: Respect for the views of the child: that children have a right to voice their opinions in decisions that will affect them. Teaches that children have a right for their opinions to be heard and considered by adults.
- Explains the need to protect the Environment through empathy for animals and opens the discussion on animals in captivity.
- CD includes Narration of the story, 8 fun, authentic reggae songs including encouraging songs for children on being brave and expressing thoughts, ideas and opinions; and for adults on the importance of giving children a chance to be heard.
- Brilliant illustrations sharing Jamaica’s landscapes, indigenous creatures, and lovable characters
- Visual Glossary of new words, instruments and animals
- Pre and post reading Teachers Guide, additional resources and discussion points
- Teachers and parents can also access free ONLINE Supporting tools through our Teachers’ Portal:
- an Instructional Video on how to conduct a reading of this book/CD with groups of children
- Fun activities for children
LISTED ON THE EARLY CHILDHOOD CURRICULUM RESOURCE LIST FOR JAMAICA:
This highly unique multimedia product is approved by the Dudley Grant Memorial Trust as a resource for use in teaching the Early Childhood Curriculum children aged 0 – 8 years, and covering early childhood themes of:
- Music appreciation and music instruments
- Respect and concern for others
- Sea creatures indigenous to Jamaica
- Useful for dance and movement sessions for all ages
- Jamaica’s geography
ENDORSEMENTS AND COLLABORATORS: (please include all logos)
The Production of this book was funded by the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) and was created in collaboration with:
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
- Caribbean Environment Programme (CEP)
- Christine O’Sullivan
- Dudley Grant Memorial Trust (DGMT)
- Humane Society International (HSI)
CHARITY: Part proceeds of the Sales of this book benefit the Bustamante Hospital for Children and TATI Inc.
Order your copies today!!